It would be a considerable understatement to say that your athletic fields see some rough use. The constant strenuous action of sports means that your grass has to be well-maintained, well-groomed, and presentable at all times. But today, the experts at Capitol Turf Pros want to ask you a question: Is natural grass really your best option?
It’s all about the benefits, of course. What can artificial turf provide for your athletic field, sports center, or gymnasium? What are the pros and cons of artificial turf fields? Find out what kinds of advantages artificial turf can bring to your field or gym by following along!
What Are the Advantages of Artificial Turf?
When you think of the ideal athletic field, what comes to mind? Something that looks good, something safe, and preferably something that’s easy to maintain. Well, artificial turf can provide:
- Superior safety. Is artificial turf safe? Yes, of course! When you choose a turf made of dependable materials, you get a stable cushion against sports-related impact. The dense but forgiving infill combined with polyethylene fibers means less friction during a fall, helping keep injury to a minimum.
- Simplified maintenance. Consistency is a very important key of keeping an athletic field in playable shape. All artificial turf needs is some basic brushing, and during the installation process, turf can be installed at precise blade heights that will remain for the duration of the turf’s lifespan.
- Cost-efficiency. Artificial turf presents you with a singular upfront investment and will require little (if any) financial support once in place. Natural grass, on the other hand, tends to require a lot of materials and potential expenses.
- Excellent durability. The lifespan of a good artificial turf can exceed 15, even 20 years. Even during the consistent rigors of high-impact sports, the blades and infill take it all in stride.
- Easy foul weather care. Waterlogging is highly uncommon due to the porous nature of turf. When combined with a solid drainage system, your athletic field can be play-ready nearly all year round.
- Installation options anywhere. Lots of athletic facilities have been moving their activities indoors. Artificial turf can be installed anywhere, making it ideal for both outdoor and indoor use.
On top of it all, polyethylene turf rivals the appearance of natural grass in all regards. Long gone are the days of low quality artificial turf that looked like green sandpaper or a dish sponge. Now you get lush, gorgeous grass that looks just fine with minimal effort.
Install Artificial Turf for Athletic Fields in MD, DC & Northern VA
Think athletic artificial turf might be the ideal solution you’ve been looking for, or want to learn a little bit more? The specialists at Capitol Turf Pros are on standby and ready to help! As the leading provider of customized turf in the DC metro area, we’ve got the top-tier products and superior services you need.
Contact us online now to set up your consultation, or feel free to call 240-454-3794 to speak with a turf specialist near you!