This is a question we get asked all the time here at Capitol Turf Pros. A lot of our clients are hesitant to install artificial grass because of the maintenance and upkeep they think it requires. But don’t worry! The artificial turf from Capitol Turf Pros is virtually maintenance-free and has a long lifespan. If you’re in the Maryland, DC, or Northern Virginia area and are looking for a turf installation company, Capitol Turf Pros can do the job for you.
Learn more about the artificial turf from Capitol Turf Pros by contacting us online or calling (240) 454-3794 today!
Why Are You Getting Artificial Grass?
So, how long does synthetic turf last? In general, synthetic turf can last for approximately 10 or 15 years (sometimes longer), but it also depends on how you’re using it. Are you installing artificial turf to improve your golf game? Want to create a safe and mess-free environment for your pets and children? Or are you tired of the maintenance a traditional lawn requires? Whatever your reason, artificial turf’s lifespan depends on how much you use it. If you only use your backyard putting green once a week, it’ll last longer than turf installed for your children’s playground.
More foot traffic means you’ll have to replace your turf sooner. However, just because turf doesn’t last forever doesn’t mean it’s not a good option. To many people, replacing your turf once every decade (and sometimes not even that often) sounds better than mowing and pulling weeds every week. As an added bonus, installing artificial grass can help save the environment and save you money in the process!
What Are the Benefits of Artificial Turf?
The artificial grass from Capitol Turf Pros offers the following advantages and more:
- Blocks heat – The heat block in our turf reduces the amount of heat absorbed by at least 15 degrees, keeping it cooler and more comfortable than other artificial turf products.
- Reduces static – The built-in static reduction technology in our turf makes it more approachable and comfortable for your kids and pets.
- Looks natural – Want the appearance of natural grass with the benefits of artificial grass? Our turf is less reflective and looks like the real deal.
- Resists moisture – The backing system used on our turf is moisture-resistant and permeable so that it doesn’t clog or retain puddles when it rains. It’s also recyclable, making it more environmentally friendly.
- Fights bacteria – Our safe and sanitary turf can give you peace of mind, whether you’re practicing your golf putt or playing with your kids in the backyard.
Who Is Installing Your Turf?
The turf installation company you pick is another important factor in the lifespan of your artificial grass. While some contractors can give you a low price and get the job done quickly, they could be sacrificing quality. Make sure you do your research and find a top-notch turf installation company that will complete a quality installation for your home in the Montgomery County area.
Call Capitol Turf Pros at (240) 454-3794 or contact us online to learn more about the benefits of our artificial turf and schedule a consultation today!